Where are the VA backlogs?
An audit of hundreds of Veterans Affairs facilities released Monday found that 63,869 veterans enrolled in the VA health care system in the past 10 years have yet to be seen for an appointment. Full story »
- Total appointments scheduled: The number of future appointments on the books as of May 15.
- Appointments scheduled beyond 30 days: The number of veterans whose scheduled appointments are more than a month from now.
- New enrollee appointment requests: The number of veterans who have requested an appointment during enrollment during the past 10 years that have yet to be scheduled.
- Wait list count: The number of new patients for whom appointments cannot be scheduled within 90 days.
- Wait listed more than 120 days: The number of patients on the wait list who have been waiting for more than 120 days for an appointment to be scheduled.
Source: Veterans Affairs Patient Access Data (PDF)