Documents: Preliminary report on missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
The Malaysia Transport Ministry released to the public a preliminary report on the missing airliner on Thursday, along with additional documents and air traffic control audio. The report was sent to the International Civil Aviation Organization, the U.N. body for global aviation. Full story »
Air traffic audio
Part 1 of 5: Flight 370's initial clearance to depart from flight controllers.
- MAS 370 Delivery MAS 370 Good Morning
- ATC MAS 370 Standby and Malaysia Six is cleared to Frankfurt via AGOSA Alpha Departure six thousand feet squawk two one zero six
- [ATC exchange with separate Malaysia flight bound for Germany]
- ATC ... MAS 370 request level
- MAS 370MAS 370 we are ready requesting flight level three five zero to Beijing
- ATCMAS 370 is cleared to Beijing via PIBOS A Departure Six Thousand Feet squawk two one five seven
- MAS 370Beijing PIBOS A Six Thousand Squawk two one five seven, MAS 370 Thank You
- ATCMAS 370 Welcome over to ground
- MAS 370Good Day
Part 2 of 5: Ground control clears Flight 370 to taxi to runway 32R for takeoff.
- MAS 370Ground MAS370 Good morning Charlie One Requesting push and start
- ATCMAS370 Lumpur Ground Morning Push back and start approved Runway 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4.
- MAS 370Push back and start approved 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4 POB 239 Mike Romeo Oscar
- MAS 370MAS377 request taxi.
- ATCMAS37..... (garbled) ... standard route. Hold short Bravo
- MAS 370Ground, MAS370. You are unreadable. Say again.
- ATCMAS370 taxi to holding point Alfa 11 Runway 32 Right via standard route. Hold short of Bravo.
- MAS 370Alfa 11 Standard route Hold short Bravo MAS370.
- ATCMAS 370 Tower
- ATC(garbled) ... Tower ... (garbled)
- MAS 3701188 MAS370 Thank you
Part 3 of 5: Flight 370 is cleared for takeoff from Kuala Lumpur.
- MAS 370Tower MAS370 Morning
- ATCMAS370 good morning. Lumpur Tower. Holding point.. [garbled]..10 32 Right
- MAS 370Alfa 10 MAS370
- ATC370 line up 32 Right Alfa 10.
- MAS 370Line up 32 Right Alfa 10 MAS370.
- ATC370 32 Right Cleared for take-off. Good night.
- MAS 37032 Right Cleared for take-off MAS370. Thank you Bye.
Part 4 of 5: Kuala Lumpur approach directs Flight 370 to waypoint IGARI before handing off to radar controllers.
- MAS 370Departure Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero selamat pagi identified. Climb flight level one eight zero cancel SID turn right direct to IGARI
- MAS 370Okay level one eight zero direct IGARI Malaysian one err Three Seven Zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero contact Lumpur Radar One Three Two Six good night
- MAS 370Night One Three Two Six Malaysian Three Seven Zero
Part 5 of 5: This exchange is the last contact flight controllers have with Flight 370.
- MAS 370Lumpur Control Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero Lumpur radar Good Morning climb flight level two five zero
- MAS370Morning level two five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero climb flight level three five zero
- MAS370Flight level three five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- MAS370Malaysian Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero
- MAS370Malaysian...Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero
- ATCMalaysian Three Seven Zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9 Good Night
- MAS370Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero
Actions taken in first hours