Welcome to CNN.com Community!
You have arrived at the most exciting and compelling spot on the Web to discuss the social, political and economic issues that affect our lives. Through live chat, message boards and email, the CNN Community provides you the opportunity to express your thoughts and opinions to your friends and neighbors around the world. Opinions posted on the message boards or in chat are integrated into on air programming by CNN, CNN International and Headline News, and may also be quoted on CNN.com. To assure that your opinion has the highest chance of being chosen for air, you will want to follow our rules of conduct.
Please note: You must be at least 13 years old to participate in any
part of the CNN.com community.
Rules of conduct:
- Comments posted on our message boards which violate our standards are routinely removed. We reserve the right to close the accounts of persistent violators of these standards. Chatters who violate our standards while in our chat rooms will be removed from the chat server.
- Profanity or obscenities of any kind are not permitted, not even if disguised with *asterisks.
- Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated.
- No personal attacks or "flames" are allowed. Flames are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion.
- Real names must be provided upon registration. No impersonation of other participants or public figures is permitted.
- Please try to stay on topic. And no spamming, please, or speculation about the identity of other participants.
- Do not share any personal information (phone numbers, email, home address, etc.) with others on the site. Any such posts will be removed without comment and chatters will be banned. This is for your protection!
- No advertising of any kind, including non-profit organizations, is permitted.
- No copyrighted material is allowed. Please use links instead of quotes.
- Comments submitted in a chat room during programming on CNN may appear on-air attributed to the user.
- By participating in the CNN Community, the user hereby grants CNN the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on CNN by the user. Please read our Terms of Service agreement.
Please note CNN's policy on displaying links to all groups involved in conflicts: CNN's listing of these links is not an endorsement of any group -- and we state this on the page where the links are listed.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our CNN Community, please email us at Community Feedback.
We hope you enjoy your visit!