| CNN WEB SITES:
Israeli-Palestinian points of agreement
October 23, 1998
Web posted at: 7:00 a.m. EDT (2303 GMT)
(CNN) -- Listed below are key elements of what is now being called "The Wye River Memorandum," the interim accord reached at the Middle East Summit at Wye Mills, Maryland.
- A security plan to crack down on violence by terrorists.
- Israeli troop redeployment from an additional 13.1 percent of West Bank land, to take place over a 90-day period.
- 14.2 percent transfer of West Bank land from joint Israeli-Palestinian control to Palestinian control.
- The revocation of clauses in the Palestinian
National Charter that are hostile toward Israel.
- The guarantee of two corridors of safe passage between Gaza and the West Bank.
- Israeli commitment to discuss third-phase troop redeployment from the West Bank.
- The release of 750 Palestinian prisoners in three phases.
- The opening of a Palestinian airport in Gaza.