Charges against McVeigh
June 2, 1997
Web posted at: 5:51 p.m. EDT (2151 GMT)
DENVER (CNN) -- The following are the charges against
Oklahoma City bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh:
- Count 1 -- Conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction.
- Count 2 -- Use of a weapon of mass destruction.
- Count 3 -- Destruction by explosive of government property.
- Counts 4-11 -- First degree murder for each of eight federal employees killed in the explosion:
Because the jurors found McVeigh guilty of one or more of the crimes charged in the first three counts, then they had to answer this question:
- "Do you find that the government proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime or crimes committed by the defendant, Timothy James McVeigh, as found above resulted in the death of one or more of the persons named in the indictment?"
Because their answer to that question is yes, jurors had to answer this question:
- "Was the death of such person or persons a foreseeable result of the defendant's criminal conduct?"
T R A N S C R I P T S /
O V E R V I E W /
T H E P L A Y E R S
T H E B O M B I N G /
C N N S T O R I E S
/ L I N K S
© 1997 Cable News Network, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you.