Key statistics in the trial of Timothy McVeigh
May 28, 1997
Web posted at: 10:15 p.m. EDT (0215 GMT)
- An estimated $10 million was spent on McVeigh's defense. (Amount spent by the prosecution is undisclosed)
- Day one of opening statements was April 24
- 22 full days of testimony (including Wednesday)
- Jury selection began March 31
- The defense took four days to present 25 witnesses
- The prosecution took 18 days to call 137 witnesses (not counting one new rebuttal witness called Wednesday)
- The prosecution rebuttal took about 35 minutes Wednesday
T R A N S C R I P T S /
O V E R V I E W /
T H E P L A Y E R S
T H E B O M B I N G /
C N N S T O R I E S
/ L I N K S
© 1997 Cable News Network, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you.