|Editions | myCNN | Video | Audio | Headline News Brief | Feedback||
Burden of Proof
Would Lie Detector Tests Have Compromised the JonBenet Ramsey Murder Investigation?Aired March 31, 2000 - 12:30 p.m. ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
JOHN RAMSEY, FATHER OF JONBENET RAMSEY: Had we been asked to take a lie detector test? We said no. We were asked would we. We said certainly we would. We would expect it to be fair, and we would expect the results to be public.
ALEX HUNTER, BOULDER COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY: Now listening to the Ramseys the other night talking to you about the intruder and the clues, let's just say that hypothetically down the road there's an intruder, what if the Ramseys took the polygraph and one or both of them failed it?
(END VIDEO CLIP)
GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Alex Hunter says a lie detector test could compromise the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. That's today on BURDEN OF PROOF.
ANNOUNCER: This is BURDEN OF PROOF with Roger Cossack and Greta Van Susteren.
VAN SUSTEREN: Hello, and welcome to BURDEN OF PROOF. Roger is off today.
Boulder Country District Attorney Alex Hunter spoke to CNN's Larry King last night in response to conversation with Patsy and John Ramsey on the program earlier this week. Hunter said the murder of the 6-year-old will be solved. He also said the ransom note recovered from the Ramsey home the day JonBenet's body was discovered is still a key piece of evidence and that a polygraph test result could potentially compromise the case.
Joining us today in Denver, Colorado, criminal defense attorney and a candidate for the Boulder County D.A., Dave Sanderson. Also in Denver, April Zesbaugh of KOA Radio; in New York, criminal defense attorney Gerald Lefcourt; and here in Washington, Shane Woodall (ph), former federal prosecutor; Cary Feldman and Katherine O'Neil (ph). And in our back row, Noni Frankel (ph), Brian Kennedy (ph) and Darren Rose (ph).
But before we talk about the case of JonBenet Ramsey, we go to CNN's Susan Candiotti in Miami for the latest in the saga of another 6-year-old, Elian Gonzalez.
Susan, where are we in the negotiations between the INS and the family in Miami of Elian Gonzalez?
SUSAN CANDIOTTI, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, talks resume on Monday so nothing's happening today. Bit of a down time for all involved. And there's very little happening out at the house here; just a handful of demonstrators.
U.S. government sources do tell us, however, that there is an indication that there can be some sort of an agreement but they won't explain what it is they're talking about.
Meantime, the family here is waiting to hear whether the father of Elian Gonzalez will indeed follow through with plans to come to the U.S.
Now the U.S. State Department tells CNN that so far, they have received no request for visas from Juan Miguel Gonzalez, his wife, and other members of the family members to come her. However, in the communiqu
|Back to the top||
© 2001 Cable News Network. All Rights Reserved.|
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines.