| CNN WEB SITES:
Top 10 office add-ins
Beef up Word, Excel and Publisher by automating tasks.
October 13, 1998
Web posted at: 4:00 PM EDT
by Sally Neuman
(IDG) -- This collection of templates and add-ins will help take
the pain out of tedious tasks, from figuring out a
mortgage you can afford to creating fancy invitations for
your daughter's wedding.
- Personal Budgeter Template: Keep tabs on your
spending habits or plan for your vacation. You
can customize the template to fit your needs.
- Car Lease Advisor Template: About to lease a
new car? Adjust the capitalized cost or tweak
the residual value; then let the program help you
recognize the best deal.
- 3-Fold Brochure Template: Create typical
three-part brochures using this Microsoft
- Loan Manager Template: Before you decide on a
new mortgage, calculate your monthly
payments and interest with this Excel template.
- Fax Sheet Template: Easily create a
single-page fax cover sheet you can use over
and over again.
- Wedding Invitations: This Microsoft Publisher
template includes everything you need to create
personalized wedding invitations.
- Employment Template for Microsoft Publisher: Don't rely on preprinted job applications when
you can design your own. This template makes
- TrayText: Store common phrases that are
available to any application and access them via
a hotkey. Includes the useful Spike feature for
collecting text from different sources.
- PRIME 97 For Word 97: This collection of utilities
for Word 97 offers tools for organizing your
document bookmarks, managing variables in
macros and VBA coding, safely deleting
documents, and many other useful functions.
- Cerificate Templates for Microsoft Publisher: Use this set of three professionally designed
templates to create certificates in Microsoft
Publisher 97. Create Certificates of
Achievement, Merit, or Membership by simply
opening and modifying the templates to suit