From violence and abuse to fundamental health issues such as lack of drinking water, children around the globe are facing threats that challenge survival. CNN looks at these issues, solutions that are working and how you can make a difference.
Increasingly, children are civilian casualites of war, exploited for armed conflict and becoming orphans or refugees• How children cope with the emotional wounds
• Report: Kids' lives are nightmares in unstable nations
• State of children's well-being in Asia and Europe
• Children in war-torn countries
Child Survival Programs
Some nations are trying a new program for child survival, designed to deliver services for those in hard to reach areas.• Explainer: What is ACSD?
ON CNN TV
Survival Project: One Child At A Time
CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta hosts a special look at stories of children at risk around the world -- and what we can do to help.
• Watch the entire show online
How you can help:
• Save the Children
• World Food Programme
• Oxfam International
• Children’s Hunger Fund
• End Hunger Network
• World Vision
• Water Partners International
• Water For People
• UN Habitat Water and Sanitation
• Blue Planet Run Foundation
• Action Against Hunger
more ways to Impact Your World »