Five songs to hum and ponder on the way to the polls Tuesday:
- "Elected," Alice Cooper. But of course.
- "Politician," Cream. "Hey baby, get into my big black car." Only not within 100 feet of the polling place, please.
- "Know Your Rights," the Clash. All three of them.
- "Gimme Some Truth," John Lennon.
- "Nadine," Chuck Berry. If only for "campaign shouting like a Southern diplomat."
I can think of plenty more, though the deeper I go, the more cynical they get.
Got a few of your own? Click on the "Add a comment" button. Keep 'em nonpartisan. Cynicism is acceptable, but so is hopeful idealism ... if you have any left after another muddy election season.