Web posted on:
Today's buzz stories:
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- It was a shocking scene as hunky model Fabio stepped off the inaugural run of a roller coaster Tuesday, his nose splattered with blood. But the man seen on dozens of romance book covers proved to be OK after an unfortunate bird apparently collided with Fabio's face sometime during the ride.
Fabio, 38, was at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to promote the park's newest thrill ride, "Apollo's Chariot," when the bizarre collision took place.
Before the ride began, the square-jawed hunk was living up to the mythical god's standard for manly youth and handsomeness while seated in the front chariot surrounded by women wearing tunics and big smiles.
Following the incident, Fabio was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated for minor cuts and released. A Busch Gardens spokeswoman said, "He's absolutely fine." The condition of the bird was unknown.
LOS ANGELES (CNN) --- For people who find cosmetic surgery simply fascinating, comedian John Byner's Los Angeles press conference was not to be missed. The 61-year-old Byner proudly displayed his surgically improved face Tuesday, for the first time since his live-on-the-Internet operation three weeks ago.
On March 8, Byner earned the distinction of being the first celebrity to get a face-lift live on the Internet. And at Tuesday's press conference at a Beverly Hills hotel, he happily put his new face before a bank of television cameras.
LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- The cast and crew of NBC's "Suddenly Susan" have decided to restart production of the program in April, and will pay tribute to the late David Strickland with a special episode.
Taping was suspended after cast member David Strickland was found dead in a Las Vegas motel room on March 22. Local officials said he is believed to have hanged himself.
No air date has been set yet for the memorial episode. While details were still being worked out, the program will probably show "Suddenly Susan" scenes of Strickland's performance on the show as Todd, a music critic.
LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- A former "Melrose Place" producer has brought an $11 million lawsuit against the show's makers, claiming he was defamed and wrongfully fired.
James Hayes III said Spelling Television Inc. fired him last year for failing to enforce a sexual harassment policy.
But a Spelling employee told others that Hayes had been fired for failing to bring an episode in on budget, said Barry Langberg, Hayes' attorney. That was defamatory, Langberg contended Tuesday.
Jerri Churchill, an assistant director for "Melrose Place," filed a suit alleging sexual harassment and pregnancy discriminaiton, Hayes' Superior Court lawsuit said.
Churchill claimed that Hayes' production manager brought Internet pornography on the set and that, combined with other activity, created a hostile work environment.
Hayes' suit contends he didn't violate any policies, was not told to enforce the company's sexual harassment policy and that the "sexually explicit atmosphere" on the set was well- known to the company.
Reuters contributed to this report.
|Back to the top||
© 2001 Cable News Network. All Rights Reserved.|
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines.