Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Why does Thompson make GOP swoon?
According to the non-campaign, the Thompson for President bandwagon includes a number of former Reagan types who are putting together a meeting with the former senator to discuss issues.
And the non-candidate is already polling ahead of actual candidate Mitt Romney -- Thompson's in third place, behind Rudy Giuliani and John McCain with 13 percent to Romney's 10 percent and the 9 percent of another non-candidate, former Georgia congressman and House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Congress probes allegations of politicized hiring
• Clinton refuses to cede 'home turf'
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Poll: Clinton gets significant boost over Obama
• House Dems tackle new Iraq bill
• White House prepares a 'royal dinner'
• McCain names new political director
• Poll: Giuliani, McCain lead the pack
• Poll: Bush approval stands at 38%
• Obama sees similarities with the Chicago Bulls