Thursday, May 31, 2007
Schneider: Can Thompson play the role of Reagan?
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- With 10 Republicans already running for president, is it too late for former Sen. Fred Thompson to get into this race? Not if he brings something other candidates don't.
Former Sen. Fred Thompson addresses the Lincoln Club in Orange County, California.
What would Thompson bring to the race? As an actor, he's well known. As a former senator, he's well connected.
"He is well known on a soft level, but in terms of the details about him, I think one of the challenges for him is he is going to have to flesh those out," Republican strategist David Winston said.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Who is Fred Thompson?
• Raw Politics: Clinton's big endorsement
• Candidates intensify efforts to grab Latino vote
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Romney camp responds to anti-Mormon conduct
• Raw Politics tonight: Clinton's big endorsement
• Race to '08: Thompson getting close
• Clinton woos 'Young Hollywood'
• Romney: Iraq has left military stressed
• Latinos favor Clinton, campaign says