Thursday, May 03, 2007
Republicans not wild about the Clintons
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Would it be good for America to have Bill Clinton living in the White House again? Mitt Romney may have summed it up for his nine fellow GOP debaters when he said, "You've got to be kidding."
The question opened the floodgates for the Republicans to take aim at Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton.
The anti-Clinton lines of attack were familiar. Sen. Sam Brownback accused Clinton of being pro-tax and anti-marriage. Jim Gilmore charged she's for socialized medicine.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said he knows the Clintons better than anyone on the stage, and he believes "it's probably not a good idea to put either of them back in the White House."
-- CNN Sr. Writer Jennifer Mikell
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Spin cycle
• RNC head: Candidates 'laid out their positive visi...
• Reagan finds few stem cell allies among GOP conten...
• The Gipper Ticker: Giuliani wins
• No evolution?
• Brownback says he'd 'ax' tax code
• Let's Get Ready to Rumble
• "Glorious day of human liberty and freedom"
• Schneider: McCain playing to fiscal conservatives
• Repeal Roe v. Wade? Giuliani stands alone