Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Raw Politics tonight: Immigration deal under siege, McCain pumps up fundraising
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Supporters of the immigration deal may need to build a border fence around their offices -- their bill is under siege, even drawing an off-color, private comment from a ranking Republican, CNN's Tom Foreman reports in tonight's "Raw Politics."
Also, John McCain had a bad start in fund raising for his presidential bid, but now he's in the midst of a grueling schedule of money-raising events.
And a one hundred percent failure: the federal government has launched its annual seat belt awareness campaign and President Bush didn't seem to get the memo.
Catch "Raw Politics" tonight on Anderson Cooper 360, 10 p.m. ET.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Senate votes to halve number in guest worker progr...
• Clinton, Obama mum on how they will vote on war fu...
• U.S. may negotiate with Iraqi insurgents
• Goodling on the hot seat
• Romney slams ABC News for reporting covert action ...
• Edwards slams notion of 'War on Terror'
• Stewart woos Education Secretary with an apple and...
• Photographers flood Goodling hearing
• Goodling: I didn't discuss firings with White Hous...
• Does Giuliani's past reveal a dark side?