Friday, May 11, 2007
President sends 'heartfelt wishes' to Virginia Tech
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Recognizing Virginia Tech's commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday, President Bush said he sends his "heartfelt wishes to the entire Hokie family."
"Laura and I salute the Virginia Tech Class of 2007," Bush said in a statement. "We also remember the students and teachers whose lives were taken last month. They will always hold a special place in the hearts of this graduating class and an entire Nation."
On April 16, Seung-Hui Cho, a 23-year-old English major, shot and killed 32 people and himself on the Virginia Tech campus. The massacre was the deadliest shooting incident in the nation's history.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• GOP gala falls short of previous years
• War-funding bill faces uncertain future in Senate
• Romney calls polygamy 'awful'
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• McCain: Show me the money
• Sharpton seeks dialogue with Romney
• Reid: Benchmarks need consequences
• Edwards' daughter defends decision to continue cam...
• Giuliani to outline abortion rights support
• Bush on Blair: 'I'll miss' him