Thursday, May 03, 2007
Pardon Scooter Libby?
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Of the GOP presidential field, only Reps. Duncan Hunter of California and Tom Tancredo of Colorado raised their hands to indicate they would pardon Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff.
Libby was convicted in March of lying and obstructing an investigation in the Valerie Plame leak case.
-- CNN Political Researcher Xuan Thai
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Republicans not wild about the Clintons
• Spin cycle
• RNC head: Candidates 'laid out their positive visi...
• Reagan finds few stem cell allies among GOP conten...
• The Gipper Ticker: Giuliani wins
• No evolution?
• Brownback says he'd 'ax' tax code
• Let's Get Ready to Rumble
• "Glorious day of human liberty and freedom"
• Schneider: McCain playing to fiscal conservatives