Tuesday, May 29, 2007
New pictures document Sen. Johnson's recovery
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Tim Johnson, D-South Dakota, posted new pictures on his website Tuesday showing him working from home while recovering from a debilitating brain hemorrhage he suffered in December.
The pictures show Johnson meeting with his Chief of Staff, Drey Samuelson, in a makeshift office set up at his northern Virginia home. He is in therapy five days a week for several hours each day working on physical, speech and occupational therapy, his communications director Julianne Fischer said.
Fischer said the senator has been working several days a week at home and that he has been "working hard in therapy and making significant progress."
--CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• PODCAST: Obama's health care plan
• Romney talks immigration
• Clinton calls for 'shared prosperity'
• Some W.H. hopefuls skip reading key Iraq report
• Obama unveils new health care plan
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Obama expects to improve in next week's debate
• Obama, while campaigning, says Memorial Day not fo...
• Biden spends Memorial Day in Iowa
• Bush observes Memorial Day at Arlington National C...