Tuesday, May 15, 2007
'Moral Majority' founder Falwell dead at 73
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Rev. Jerry Falwell, the television evangelist whose 1979 founding of the Moral Majority harnessed the political power of American conservative Christians, has died at age 73, an official at his Liberty University said Tuesday.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Giuliani makes personal apology to 'poor farmers'
• Report: Jerry Falwell taken to hospital after bein...
• Gonzales sends mixed signals on role of his depart...
• Tagg Romney on dad: Abortion position 'genuine'
• Former deputy attorney general: I contemplated res...
• Hotel heirs divided over Clinton and Obama
• Gonzales heckled during speech
• Dodd launches ad attacking challengers on Iraq
• Raw Politics: Does NBC know something?
• Do endorsements matter?