Thursday, May 03, 2007
McCain, bin Laden and the Gates of Hell
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain tried to leave no room for doubt that he would hunt down Osama bin Laden if elected president, vowing to "follow him to the gates of hell."
McCain quickly brushed off a question about immigration to return to the previous subject of the fugitive al Qaeda leader.
In McCain's words, "We will do whatever is necessary. We will track him down. We will capture him. We will bring him to justice, and I will follow him to the gates of Hell."
-- CNN Senior Writer Jennifer Mikell
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Pardon Scooter Libby?
• Republicans not wild about the Clintons
• Spin cycle
• RNC head: Candidates 'laid out their positive visi...
• Reagan finds few stem cell allies among GOP conten...
• The Gipper Ticker: Giuliani wins
• No evolution?
• Brownback says he'd 'ax' tax code
• Let's Get Ready to Rumble
• "Glorious day of human liberty and freedom"