Friday, May 04, 2007
LSU student charged with making threat against Hillary Clinton
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A 19-year-old Louisiana State University student has been arrested in Baton Rouge and charged with making a threat against Sen. Hillary Clinton, a Democratic candidate for president, law enforcement officials said Friday.
Richard Wargo, an LSU freshman, has been charged with "terrorizing,
communication of false information of planned arson" and possession of
marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the East Baton rouge Parish
He is being held on a $1 million bond.
A spokesman for Clinton's presidential campaign had no comment on the matter.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Former Defense official: ex-CIA director Tenet 'sl...
• Giuliani says Saddam paid price for offenses
• Gonzales names new director for executive office o...
• Thompson fought to have 'anti-gay' language remove...
• Republicans upset with intelligence study on globa...
• White House: Deputy national security adviser leav...
• Edwards says no for now on Secret Service protecti...
• Huckabee tries to explain why he doesn't believe i...
• Nervousness over alleged 'DC Madam's' list
• Debate covers a lot of ground