Thursday, May 10, 2007
Giuliani to outline abortion rights support
Rudy Giuliani will fully outline his views on abortion prior to next week's GOP debate in South Carolina, Giuliani advisers tells CNN. The former New York City mayor's remarks will reassert his personal opposition to abortion, but also emphasize his support for a woman's right to choose.
The former mayor of New York has come under fire for fumbling an answer he gave on this controversial issue during last week's Republican debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
One advisor, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, acknowledged that Giuliani was subject to sharp criticism for his handling of the question at the debate, but noted the campaign is confident that when given more time, Giuliani will be able to fully explain his position.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Bush on Blair: 'I'll miss' him
• Protesters disrupt Gonzales hearing
• White House: Blair 'extraordinary leader'
• '08ers list their wheels
• Immunity request to be formally submitted for Good...
• Bloomberg's Web site latest sign of bid?
• Romney's wife donated to Planned Parenthood
• Strategy Session: Surprise visit to Iraq
• Henry: Cheney's 'bad cop' act in Iraq
• Raw Politics: Presidential candidates hidden talen...