Friday, May 11, 2007
Giuliani explains abortion position
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- At a campaign stop in Houston Friday, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani fully explained his views on abortion, saying that he is morally against the procedure but firmly believes that a woman should have the right to choose to end her pregnancy.
"I believe you have to respect their viewpoint and give them a level of choice here," the Republican presidential candidate said at Houston Baptist University. "Because I think ultimately, even if you disagree, you have to respect the fact that their conscience is as strong as yours is about this and they're the ones that are most affected by it."
--CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Senate leaders delay immigration vote
• Obama publicly scolds staff for scheduling decisio...
• Bush to grads: Service important
• Blair visiting White House next week
• Strategy Session: Pressure mounts on Bush
• The White House resume race
• Marie Osmond: Sharpton's comments bigoted
• President sends 'heartfelt wishes' to Virginia Tec...
• GOP gala falls short of previous years
• War-funding bill faces uncertain future in Senate