Friday, May 18, 2007
Gingrich: Candidates look like 'game show contestants'
ATLANTA (CNN) -- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich still hasn't decided on a bid for the White House, but if the Georgia Republican does throw his hat in the ring, don't expect to see him on many of the televised debates.
Gingrich thinks the presidential debates resemble a game show.
Gingrich made it clear that he is not a fan of the recent debates, calling them "game show" like and a "pathetic dance," in remarks Thursday at a luncheon in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Gingrich said it is "fundamentally wrong" for 10 people to look like "game show contestants," each eagerly awaiting for a television celebrity to give them a chance to answer in 30 seconds a question which by definition you can't answer in 30seconds."
Gingrich then took off to sign copies of his newest book, "Pearl Harbor: A Novel of December 8th."
-- CNN Political Desk Editor Marissa Muller
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Wolfowitz to resign as World Bank chief
• Gingrich: '08 field 'demeaning the presidency'
• 'Raw Politics' tonight: Pressure on Gonzales, deal...
• Bush, Blair defend each other's records
• Dems seek no-confidence vote on Gonzales
• Dobson slams Giuliani
• Deal reached on Senate immigration bill
• Huckabee gets buzz for knocking Edwards' hair
• Kennedy: Deal reached on immigration