Friday, May 25, 2007
'A different job' for Fred Thompson?
Thompson met with Connecticut Republicans Thursday night.
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- There are two things Fred Thompson can't escape these days: his role on "Law and Order" and questions over whether he'll run for president. So he got them both out of the way in the opening moments of his address to the Connecticut Republican Party's Prescott Bush Dinner Thursday evening.
--CNN Political Desk Managing Editor Steve Brusk
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Obama on Iraq war funding vote
• GOP: Clinton, Obama votes 'shameful'
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Boehner chokes up on House floor
• McCain back at his day job
• House passes $120 billion Iraq war spending
• Schneider: Dems try to have it both ways with Iraq...
• Kerry to vote 'no' on new Iraq spending bill
• Romney says he's not intolerant of gays
• Raw Politics tonight: Clinton's memo, Giuliani's h...