Thursday, May 24, 2007
Dems in tough spot with war funding bill
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democrats in Congress face a tough decision on a bill funding the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that does not include a timetable for withdrawal of U.S. troops.
Vote "yes," and they are certain to face the wrath of anti-war forces in their political base.
Vote "no," and they may further delay funding for military operations, in turn exposing themselves to the charge that they don't support the troops.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Raw Politics: Immigration bill under siege
• Clinton camp dismisses Iowa memo
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Cheneys welcome new baby
• Raw Politics tonight: Immigration deal under siege...
• Senate votes to halve number in guest worker progr...
• Clinton, Obama mum on how they will vote on war fu...
• U.S. may negotiate with Iraqi insurgents
• Goodling on the hot seat
• Romney slams ABC News for reporting covert action ...