Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Cheneys welcome new baby
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney's family keeps growing.
Vice President Cheney and his wife Lynne hold their newest grandchild.
His daughter Mary gave birth to a baby boy Wednesday at a hospital in the nation's capital, the White House announced.
Samuel David Cheney was born to Mary and her partner Heather Poe, at 9:46 a.m. ET. He weighed in at 8 lbs., 6 ounces.
Mary, who is openly gay, has been very involved in recent years in her father's political career.
This is the sixth grandchild for the Vice President and his wife Lynne.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Raw Politics tonight: Immigration deal under siege...
• Senate votes to halve number in guest worker progr...
• Clinton, Obama mum on how they will vote on war fu...
• U.S. may negotiate with Iraqi insurgents
• Goodling on the hot seat
• Romney slams ABC News for reporting covert action ...
• Edwards slams notion of 'War on Terror'
• Stewart woos Education Secretary with an apple and...
• Photographers flood Goodling hearing
• Goodling: I didn't discuss firings with White Hous...