Thursday, May 24, 2007
Bush supports provisions of war-funding bill
The House is to vote this evening, with a Senate vote expected soon after.
Bush vetoed the first war funding bill earlier this month, because it contained timetables for removing U.S. troops from Iraq.
He made Thursday's comments at a news conference.
The timetables were replaced in the current funding measure with benchmarks for the Iraqi government to meet in order to keep U.S. reconstruction aid and other support flowing.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• When politicians say bad words
• Dems in tough spot with war funding bill
• Raw Politics: Immigration bill under siege
• Clinton camp dismisses Iowa memo
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Cheneys welcome new baby
• Raw Politics tonight: Immigration deal under siege...
• Senate votes to halve number in guest worker progr...
• Clinton, Obama mum on how they will vote on war fu...
• U.S. may negotiate with Iraqi insurgents