Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Bush says he's confident compromise on war-spending bill possible
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush Wednesday said he was optimistic that a compromise can be worked out between Republicans and Democrats to provide $124 billion in extra war funding, most of it for troops in Iraq.
"I'm confident, with good will on both sides, that we can move beyond political statements," Bush said, speaking to the Associated General Contractors of America.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Strategy Session: Bush's Iraq veto
• Thompson: Potential GOP opponents digging up dirt
• Schneider: The political calculations of immigrati...
• Raw Politics: McCain's good news, New Hampshire de...
• Immigration compromise continues to elude lawmaker...
• Bush veto forces Dems to weigh difficult concessio...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Bush vetoes less than most presidents
• Bush vetoes war-spending bill with Iraq withdrawal...
• McCain pulling ahead of Giuliani, Edwards ahead in...