Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Sharpton: Imus must go
"There's no way the airwaves should be used to allow people to call people 'nappy-headed hos.'" Sharpton told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "That's what he called these people. And, for him to say that, and just to walk away like, 'I'm just sorry; I made a mistake,' would then mean that the FCC, who regulates everything on the airwaves, and who sanctioned people -- as far as Janet Jackson with a
wardrobe malfunction -- has no purpose at all."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Romney plans call for more robust defense spending...
• White House unofficial e-mail accounts draw scruti...
• Strategy Session: Iraq four years later
• Obama tells Letterman he's not in race for VP
• McCain reaffirms confidence that successes is bein...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Gonzales 'getting there' on Senate testimony prepa...
• Obama seeks to take a $ bite out of the Big Apple
• Bush delivers get-tough message on immigration
• Republicans urge Pelosi to reconvene House early f...