Tuesday, April 24, 2007
RNC targets Reid's 'lost' comment in new radio ad
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Republican National Committee is targeting Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, for his recent comment that the Iraq war is 'lost' in a thirty-second radio ad to be broadcast on stations in Reid's home state.
Capt. Emory "Trip" Bellard, an Iraq war veteran, criticizes Reid in the ad, scheduled to hit the airwaves in Las Vegas and Reno this week, according to the RNC.
"Sen. Reid's remarks undercut the morale of our soldiers and undermine our troops on the ground," Bellard says in the ad. "Our troops in harm's way deserve better than to be treated like a political football by a Washington politician."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Murtha: President pursuing 'failed policy wrapped ...
• Impeach Cheney?
• Bush Sr.: 'Bush fatigue' may be setting in
• Reid defends calling Iraq war 'lost,' calling Bush...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• New Jersey governor moved from intensive care
• Ritter, AFL-CIO discuss objections to Denver conve...
• Kucinich to call for impeaching Cheney
• Gonzales vows to stay on as attorney general
• Senate leader: Bush in 'state of denial' over Iraq...