Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Richardson: It's about votes, not money
"I don't care about money being raised by other candidates," Richardson told reporters Wednesday at a stop in New Hampshire. "Money isn't going to vote, voters are going vote."
Richardson raised a respectable $6 million in the first three months of 2007, although it paled in comparison to several of his opponents. Richardson said that qualifications and a good plan for the country should make a difference to voters. He also emphasized his foreign policy credentials as an asset and is set to lead a bipartisan delegation to North Korea in mid-April.
-- CNN's Lauren Kornreich
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Giuliani: Focus on public record, not personal iss...
• Giuliani reiterates opposition to same-sex marriag...
• Thompson formally declares presidential run
• Obama's fundraising challenges Clinton's frontrunn...
• Protesters confront White House adviser Karl Rove ...
• Perino talks about Bush's Iraq veto threat
• The race is heating up in the Granite State
• Biden says impeachment impractical
• Strategy Session: Should Pelosi have gone to Syria...
• Elizabeth Edwards learns she has more treatable ty...