Friday, April 27, 2007
Renzi not resigning
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Rick Renzi, R-Arizona, shot down any rumors that he will resign Friday.
"For several weeks, I have been the subject of leaked stories, conjecture, and false attacks about a land exchange," the Arizona Congressman said in a press release. "None of them bear any resemblance to the truth, including the rumor that I am planning on resigning."
Renzi's family business was raided by the FBI and officials are looking into a land deal that benefited a campaign donor. The Washington-based newspaper, The Hill, reported this week that Renzi was considering resignation.
-- CNN Political Researcher Xuan Thai
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Statement from Edwards Campaign:
• Bush: Patience on North Korea 'not unlimited'
• Spitzer says Clinton would be 'amazing president,'...
• McGreeveys appear in divorce court
• Richardson gave Gonzales chance to defend himself ...
• Dean expresses condolences over Valenti's death
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Campaign surrogates 'left a little unsatisfied'
• Elizabeth Edwards talks up husband.
• King: Many Winners