Monday, April 23, 2007
Kucinich to call for impeaching Cheney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a Democratic presidential hopeful, will announce Tuesday he plans to introduce Articles of Impeachment against Vice President Dick Cheney.
Rep. Dennis Kucinich is calling for Vice President Dick Cheney's impeachment.
But the chances or "slim to none" that House Democratic leaders will advance Kucinich's impeachment articles, CNN's Senior Political Correspondent Candy Crowley said.
"This is something they don't want to get into," Crowley said. "First of all, because the American people didn't vote the Democrats into office last year, they don't think, in order to do impeachment. They think that the American people voted them in to help bring about an end to this war."
"There is also the lesson learned from the impeachment of Bill Clinton which was very unpopular with people," she added. "In fact, Clinton retained a popularity rate which President Bush doesn't have."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Gonzales vows to stay on as attorney general
• Senate leader: Bush in 'state of denial' over Iraq...
• McCain: Global warming a "serious and urgent" prob...
• Spitzer to press ahead on gay marriage bill
• Obama says Bush has fallen short of his role as le...
• Bush says Gonzales testimony 'increased my confide...
• Bush meets top general as Iraq showdown looms
• Dinner debate heats up between Rove, Crow
• Somber mood at White House dinner
• CNN Political Ticker AM