Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Hoyer hopes for compromise
"I think we are certainly willing to [compromise] and go down to the White House and discuss what we together as policymakers need to do," Hoyer told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "As the president knows, we've given him all the money he asks for in our bills. In fact, we gave him more money for fighting terrorism in Afghanistan than he asked for, and the bill does not in any way impede the strategy or tactics that commanders on the ground in Iraq might want to use to be successful."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Wooing labor, Edwards works early shift at nursing...
• Fred Thompson reveals he has lymphoma
• McCain: U.S. on 'right road' in Iraq
• Giuliani: I'd appear on Imus' radio show again
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Blair hopes to become a YouTube star
• Clinton: Imus' comments 'over the line'
• House committee to examine Pentagon's Tillman, Lyn...
• Kerry, Gingrich square off on global warming
• White House: Imus was right to apologize for comme...