Thursday, April 19, 2007
Giuliani remembers Oklahoma City bombing, invokes Virginia Tech shootings
"This week it is hard not to note that America was again shaken by horrible, horrendous violence, again on an early morning in April," The GOP presidential candidate said. "All Americans' thoughts and prayers I know, are with the families of Virginia Tech, and with the wounded students who are still fighting to recover."
Giuliani, who often touts his leadership during the events of September 11, also called for continued "offense" against terrorists.
"We need to show the ultimate defiance to terrorists," he said. "The way you defeat terrorists is not only to be vigilant, to be on offense that we have to be, but also to determine to live our lives with freedom from fear."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Specter questions Gonzales' press-conference prepa...
• Leahy warns Gonzales protesters
• McCain heckled over gun rights stance
• Edwards reimbursing his campaign $800 for pricey h...
• Clinton to speak at Rutgers women in politics foru...
• Poll: Former president would be an asset to Sen. C...
• Gonzales apologizes to fired attorneys in Senate h...
• Leahy opens hearing on firings of U.S. attorneys
• Poll: Americans split over decision over the futur...
• CNN Political Ticker AM