Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Dodd: I'd consider going back on Imus' show
"I will wait to see how Don Imus' actions here underscore the sincerity he expressed in his apology and if that's there, then I'd go back on," Dodd said. "If not, then I won't."
Dodd formally announced his presidential bid on Imus' show on January 11.
The cable network MSNBC announced Wednesday that it is canceling its simulcast of Don Imus' radio show, in the wake of racially charged remarks by the shock jock that prompted a number of advertisers to drop the program.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Giuliani: We've won the traditional war already
• Doctor: Thompson's lymphoma in remission
• Senate Dems invite Bush to the Hill
• Clinton site highlights Imus controversy
• Strategy Session: Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama?
• Congressional investigators question Justice Dept....
• McCain: Enemies 'cheering' over Dems' withdrawal t...
• Dropping out of the electoral college
• Candidates quiet on Imus
• Hoyer hopes for compromise