Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Clinton: Imus' comments 'over the line'
"I certainly understand the outrage at those remarks, those young woman did not deserve those hateful and hurtful comments," Clinton said while campaigning in Syracuse, New York. "You know I've been on the receiving end of a lot of his barbs, so you know, I understand, I am a public figure, but it just went way over the line."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• House committee to examine Pentagon's Tillman, Lyn...
• Kerry, Gingrich square off on global warming
• White House: Imus was right to apologize for comme...
• Reid: 'We are speaking for the American people, he...
• House committee subpoenas U.S. attorney documents
• Tancredo: 'Dog's' best friend
• Bush says he will meet with leaders of both partie...
• Schneider: Could Bush 'triangulate' on immigration...
• McCain touts support from four former secretaries ...
• Sharpton: Imus must go