Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Cheney: Reid declaring Iraq war 'lost' to gain political advantage
"Some Democratic leaders seem to believe that blind opposition to the new strategy in Iraq is good politics," Cheney said after meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill. "Sen. Reid himself has said that the war in Iraq will bring his party more seats in the next election. It is cynical to declare that the war is lost because you believe it gives you political advantage. Leaders should make decisions based on the security interest of our country, not on the interest of their political party."
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• McCain replaces finance director in latest 'restru...
• Kucinich delays call for Cheney impeachment
• Bush 'disappointed' by Democrats' direction on Ira...
• Mikulski backs Clinton
• Cheney has leg checked out; blood clot 'gradually ...
• Former Presidents Bush, Clinton to lead delegation...
• RNC targets Reid's 'lost' comment in new radio ad
• Murtha: President pursuing 'failed policy wrapped ...
• Impeach Cheney?
• Bush Sr.: 'Bush fatigue' may be setting in