Thursday, March 15, 2007
Sen. Clinton dodges question on gays, immorality
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton sidestepped a question about whether she thinks homosexuality is immoral Wednesday, less than two weeks after telling gay-rights activists she was "proud" to stand by their side.
Clinton was asked the question by ABC News, in the wake of Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Peter Pace's controversial comment that he believed homosexual acts were immoral.
"Well, I'm going to leave that to others to conclude," she said.
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• What's Rove's connection?
• House panel plans vote on Iraq pullout
• For wary conservatives, all eyes on Bush
• Presidential campaigns go 'green'
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• California to make Feb. 5 'Super-Duper'
• White powder prompts Edwards staff to evacuate HQ
• Will Gonzales survive?
• Leahy says he will subpoena Rove
• Administration official meets with Congress on U.S...