Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Johnson's office releases photos of senator's recovery
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Tim Johnson's office released on Tuesday the first public photos taken of the South Dakota Democrat since he suffered a brain hemorrhage last December.
The lawmaker "continues to make encouraging and steady progress in his recovery," according to his staff.
"I want to thank the people of South Dakota and all of our dear friends for their support and prayers," Johnson said in a written statement. "This has been an unexpected journey, and there is a long road in front of me. I am determined and focused on my recovery, and I look forward to returning to the Senate on behalf of South Dakota."
According to the attending physician at Johnson's medical rehabilitation center, the senator is currently focusing on "standing and balance training."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Sharpton blames Obama camp for 'jealous' allegatio...
• Top general: Remarks on gays were 'personal moral ...
• White House implicated in firings, Democrats say
• Dennis Miller endorses Giuliani
• Strategy Session: Giuliani's lead over McCain grow...
• Attorney: Washington 'madam' reaches deal with med...
• Biden launches anti-war Web site
• Frist tout's Thompson's potential presidential run...
• Candidates forced to deal with YouTube's political...
• Former President Bush gives speech day after colla...