Friday, March 09, 2007
Giuliani camp responds to firefighter union's allegations
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign sharply responded to allegations by a firefighters' union that the former New York City Mayor ordered to have Ground Zero debris removed before several firefighter's remains were recovered, releasing a statement Friday that called the presidential candidate a "steadfast and unrelenting supporter of firefighters and first responders."
Ielpi's comments come after International Association of Fire Fighters Union President Harold Schaitberger claimed Giuliani sought to shut down search and recovery efforts at ground zero before hundreds of firefighter's remains were found.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Reaction to government audit finding 'serious misu...
• McCain criticizes Dems' Iraq plan, offers praise t...
• Gingrich acknowledges affair during Clinton impeac...
• Union threatens to ask Democrats to pull conventio...
• McCain finds new way to raise money online
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Rove praises Obama, calls him 'articulate'
• North Carolina Republican says he supports House D...
• Senate Dems to hold vote on binding Iraq resolutio...
• Columbian students protest upcoming Bush visit