Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Frist tout's Thompson's potential presidential run
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- "Law and Order" actor and former Sen. Fred Thompson's potential White House bid has excited a lot of Republicans, including former Senate majority leader and fellow Tennessean Bill Frist.
"Fred understands real people and they understand him," Frist wrote to VOLPAC supporters. "He understands the legislative process and has a strong bipartisan appeal, though he is a real conservative."
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Candidates forced to deal with YouTube's political...
• Former President Bush gives speech day after colla...
• Brother of Terri Schiavo backs Brownback's preside...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Sharpton criticizes Obama, says he will not be 'ca...
• Bush approval up slightly in latest CNN poll
• Clinton decries Halliburton's planned relocation
• Poll: 69 percent oppose pardon for Libby in CIA le...
• Leahy on Halliburton move: 'Corporate greed at its...
• Giuliani: 'I have a real bond with firefighters'