Monday, March 26, 2007
Clinton campaign claims $6 million haul in one week
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A week's worth of fundraisers on both coasts has helped Sen. Hillary Clinton raise more than $6 million, a campaign spokesman tells CNN.
The New York Democrat was helped greatly by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, who headlined a $2.7 million event in Washington, DC and hosted another event in New York that raised an additional $1 million, Clinton's presidential campaign spokesman Blake Zeff said.
In California, supermarket billionaire Ronald Burkle raised over $1 million in a Hollywood star studded affair and a fundraiser in San Francisco brought in an additional $1 million.
The Clinton's also had a number of smaller fundraisers that put helped her exceed the $6 million mark, Zeff said.
-- CNN's Lauren Kornreich
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Justice department official refuses to testify bef...
• Giuliani courts conservative talk-radio listeners
• Back on trail, Elizabeth Edwards pushes stem-cell ...
• Giuliani says health is excellent despite cancer i...
• Sampson to offer key testimony; friends say don't ...
• Congressman undergoes quadruple bypass surgery
• Vilsack formally endorses Clinton
• Straight talk makes McCain's staff 'insane'
• Clinton touts health care reform
• John and Elizabeth Edwards defend decision to run