Friday, March 02, 2007
Brownback at CPAC: Roe v. Wade should be overturned
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, hoping to rally social conservatives behind his White House run, pledged to the crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday that as president he would appoint judges who support illegalizing abortion.
"We should fight for life and never be apologetic about it," he said. "Each life we save in this fight is a precious soul of infinite value. And this fight is worth it. And this fight is worth it.
"And to continue it, we need to get judges on the Supreme Court that will support and overturn Roe versus Wade," he added.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Giuliani stresses freedom, shared beliefs at CPAC
• Judge writes disappointment that Libby did not tes...
• No public funding pledge for Edwards
• Huckabee at CPAC: 'Dude, where's my candidate?'
• Obama's white ancestors may have owned slaves
• Hunter at CPAC: 'Let's build this fence'
• Giuliani leads GOP candidates in conservative Sout...
• McCain to raise private general election funds, bu...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Giuliani to begin raising private funds for genera...