Friday, February 23, 2007
Vilsack: "It's time to bring the boat back to the dock"
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack officially dropped his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination Friday, saying at a news conference Monday "it's time to bring the boat back to the dock."
Vilsack said the difficulty in raising enough money to run an effective campaign led to his decision to bow out of the race.
"It is money and only money that is the reason we are leaving today," Vilsack said.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Obama: Put an end to political 'tit-for-tat'
• Vilsack out: What a difference four days make
• Vilsack out: Campaign in brief
• Vilsack to end White House bid
• Cheney won't take back Pelosi comment
• FEC may allow Obama to preserve public funding opt...
• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Hunter's South Carolina adviser touts tough stance...
• Brownback ventures to Hollywood
• Special election set for June to fill Norwood's se...