Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Romney to make formal announcement
WASHINGTON (CNN) --Republican Mitt Romney will formally launch his presidential bid next week in Michigan.
According to a Romney campaign source, the former Massachusetts Governor will make the announcement on Tuesday in Michigan, the state where his father once served as governor.
Romney will then fly-around to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, all early nominating states, and finish-up in Boston on Thursday with what the campaign is calling a "major fundraising gala."
-CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Hoyer: House will go ahead with Iraq debate
• Family Research Council president rails against Gi...
• Gates says surge plan not 'last chance'
• Senate panel backs Casey as Army chief of staff, M...
• McCain gets high-profile endorsement in Alabama
• Pelosi to move forward with Iraq resolution
• Giuliani: 'I'm in this to win'
• Prosecutors continue to present case in Libby tria...
• Leaked tapes reveal uncensored Schwarzenegger
• CNN Political Ticker AM