Thursday, February 15, 2007
Romney to deliver commencement address at Pat Robertson's University
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will deliver a commencement address at Regent University this May, the Christian school founded by prominent Christian broadcaster and one-time presidential candidate Pat Robertson.
According to Regent spokeswoman Sherri Stocks, Robertson made the decision after Romney met with him at the University last December.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Giuliani reaffirms plan to run for the White House...
• Clinton on Iran: "No option is off the table"
• Virginia governor to endorse Obama
• Eleven House Republicans break ranks
• Franken seeks Minnesota Senate seat
• Edwards would immediately pull a third of U.S. tro...
• Mrs. Obama: My husband ready to be president
• Snowstorm gets in Romney's way
• DSCC takes aim at Smith, Sununu