Friday, February 16, 2007
Giuliani to speak at Pat Robertson's University, two weeks before Romney
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former New York City Mayor and GOP presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani will speak at Pat Robertson's Regent University in April, the school announced Thursday.
The news comes a day after it was announced that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, one of Giuliani's chief rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, will deliver Regent's commencement address on May 5.
Giuliani will be the featured speaker at the University's Executive Leadership Series on April 17. The forum will be available to both Regent students and members of the community, according to Regent spokeswoman Sherri Stocks.
"Having provided strong leadership during critical times uniquely qualifies Mayor Rudy Giuliani to speak to Regent students and local community members," Stocks told CNN.
Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition and a GOP presidential candidate in 1988, has not endorsed the candidacies of either Giuliani or Romney.
-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• CNN Political Ticker AM
• Weekend Senate votes cause some '08ers to scramble...
• GOP presidential candidates vie for support on Rom...
• Gore announces star-studded concerts on climate ch...
• Reid schedules Iraq vote Saturday, causing headach...
• Biden looks to revoke Bush's Iraq authority
• Giuliani announces his Massachusetts team
• Obama has been busy overseas in brief Senate caree...
• Bush announces extension of tour in Afghanistan fo...
• '08ers on the trail Thursday