Thursday, February 08, 2007
Bush to take 7-day trip through the Americas next month
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- White House Press Secretary Tony Snow announced Thursday that President Bush and his wife, Laura, will travel to South America, Central America and Mexico in March.
The president will make stops in Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Guatemala and Mexico between March 8 and the 14th.
The seven-day trip will "underscore the commitment of the United States to the Western Hemisphere and will highlight our common agenda to advance freedom, prosperity, and social justice, and deliver the benefits of democracy in the areas of health, education and economic opportunity," Snow said.
-- CNN Deputy Washington Bureau Chief Steve Redisch
About the CNN Political TickerThe CNN Political Ticker provides the latest political news.
To sign up for our twice daily Ticker emails, visit CNN.com member services page. If you do not have a CNN.com account, you can register here.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or news tips, drop us a line here.
NEW IN THE TICKER• Edwards not firing controversial bloggers
• House Dems set terms of three-day Iraq debate
• Richardson: 'Power without diplomacy is blind'
• Biden adds to his finance team
• White House defends Pelosi access to Air Force tra...
• '08ers on the trail Thursday
• Obama seeks word from government on fundraising
• California lawmakers consider moving up primary
• DeLay rails on Giuliani and McCain, says Clinton l...
• CNN Political Ticker AM